You have the right to object to us processing your personal data for our legitimate business interests or for direct marketing purposes (including any related profiling). For more information about your rights and how you can exercise them, please see the section Your rights.
2. Personal Data we may collect and why
Personal data is any information that identifies you personally whether directly (for example, your name) or indirectly (for example, information about your use of our products and services).
We may collect the following data about you:
- Contact details: your name, email address, and telephone number so that we can contact you in response to an inquiry you make via our Site or in relation to the products and services that we have from time to time agreed to provide to you;
- Correspondence: we collect any additional personal data you may provide to us from time to time if you contact us by email, letter, or telephone, through our Site, by submitting a comment on our Site, or by any other means;
- Transaction details: we or our third-party providers will collect information relating to transactions you carry out through our Site and for the purposes of fulfilling your orders;
- Financial Transaction details: we collect credit/debit card or other payment details (including but not limited to card number, cardholder name, expiry date). In order to provide travel services.
- Special Types of data: we may collect other information about you to ensure we adhere to your specific or religious dietary needs. Also, awareness of any disability or medical condition you have to ensure additional support is provided to you where required on your travel with us or our selected partners.
What are Cookies?
- What cookies are used on this Site?
The cookies we and our business partners use on our Site are broadly grouped into the following categories:
- Essential – Some of the cookies on our Site are essential for us to be able to provide you with a service you have requested. An example of this could be a cookie used to enable you to log into your account on our Site or which allows communication between your browser and our Site. Our cookie preference cookie described in the section “How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?” is also an essential cookie. You may not be able to use our Site without these cookies.
- Analytics – We use analytics cookies to helps us understand how users engage with our Site. An example is counting the number of different people coming to our Site or using a particular feature, rather than the total number of times the site or feature is used. Without this cookie, if you visited our Site once each week for three weeks we would count you as three separate users. We would find it difficult to analyse how well our Site was performing and improve it without these cookies.
- Communication – to enable our online live chat communication provided by Click4Assistance. Information about the types of cookies used by Click4Assistance can be found here – http://www.click4assistance.co.uk/privacypolicy.aspx
- Social Sharing – We use third party cookies to allow you to share content directly on the social networking/sharing sites like Facebook, Twitter or Google+. Examples would be if you wanted to “like” or “tweet” about us or our products or services. Please see our “Third Party Cookies” section below for more details.
b. How can I reject or opt out of receiving cookies?
For more information about cookies and how to stop cookies being installed or how to delete existing cookies from your hard drive visit the following website: http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
c. Third-party cookies
Some of the cookies described in the “What Cookies are used on our Site” section above are stored on your machine by third parties when you use our Site. Third parties may also read cookies on your browser to collect information or to serve content or advertisements to you. We have no control over these cookies or how the third parties use them. They are used to allow that third party to provide a service to us, for example analytics. For more information on these cookies and how to disable them, please see:
- Internet Advertising Bureau website at http://www.youronlinechoices.com/ where you will be able to opt-out of receiving Interest-Based Advertising cookies from some of the third parties listed below; and/or
- If you want to know more about how cookies work and how to manage or delete them, visit the World Wide Web Consortium’s website.
4. How we use your personal data
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the products and services you have requested
We use your personal data to accept you as a new or returning customer to provide you with the products and services you have requested in accordance with the Terms and Conditions of business.
- To send you service communications, including in relation to changes to our Terms and Conditions of Business
We use the contact details you have provided to us so that we can communicate with you about the products and services that we provide, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services or to the Terms and Conditions between us or to any related information.
- Direct marketing (including by third parties)
If you have provided your consent or we otherwise have the right to do so, we may use your contact details to send you direct marketing and keep you informed of promotional offers by email, SMS, post or telephone relating to our products and services.
- You can unsubscribe from our direct marketing at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of our emails or by contacting us.
- Our trusted business partners would also like to use your name, email address, postal address and telephone number to inform you of similar products, services and promotional offers. We will only share your personal data with our partners where you have provided us with your consent to do so. You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link in any of their emails or by contacting us.
- To track your usage of our website, communications, products and services
- To provide and improve customer support
We use your personal data to be able to provide and improve the customer support we provide to you (for example, where you have questions about our products and services). We also, record our calls for your and our safety and security and to improve our service to you.
- To maintain our records and improve data accuracy
Like any business, we process personal data in the course of maintaining and administering our internal records. This includes processing your personal data to ensure that the information we hold about you is kept up to date and accurate.
- To respond to enquiries, complaints and disputes
We use the personal data we hold about you to help us respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you, in the most effective manner.
- To investigate, detect and prevent fraud and comply with our legal obligations
In certain circumstances, we use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including for fraud detection, investigation and prevention purposes. This may require us to provide your personal data to law enforcement agencies if they request it.
5. Legal grounds for the processing
Data protection law requires us to only process your personal data if we satisfy one or more legal grounds. These are set out in data protection law and we rely on a number of different grounds for the processing we carry out. These are as follows:
In certain circumstances, we process your personal data after obtaining your consent to do so for the purposes of:
- sending you marketing communications about our products and services;
- conducting marketing research.
Necessary for the performance of a contract and to comply with our legal obligations
It is necessary for us to process your basic contact details, payment details and information about the business you represent for the performance of the Terms and Conditions of business between us. In particular, we rely on this legal ground to:
- provide you with the products;
- communicate with you about the products and services that we provide to you, including to let you know about major changes to those products and services or to the Terms and Conditions of business between us or to any related information;
- provide and improve customer support; and
- notify you about changes to our service
If you choose not to give some or all of the aforementioned information to us, this may affect our ability to provide our products and services to you.
In certain circumstances, we also use your personal data only to the extent required in order to enable us to comply with our legal obligations, including to detect, investigate and prevent fraud.
Necessary for the purposes of our legitimate business interests or those of a third party
It is sometimes necessary to collect and use your personal data for the purposes of our legitimate interests as a business, which are to:
- provide you with products and services that are as useful and beneficial as possible, including by personalising our contact with you and making sure we tell you about all the offers that are relevant to you;
- better understand our customer base so that we can improve our products and services and marketing activities (which could also benefit you);
- comply with our contractual obligations to third parties;
- develop and improve our Site to enhance the customer experience;
- train our staff so that we can provide you with a better customer service;
- respond to any enquiries or complaints you have made, or deal with any dispute which may arise in the course of us providing our products and services to you; and
- to ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- ensure effective operational management and internal administration of our business, document retention, compliance with regulatory guidance and exercise or defence of legal claims.